Comment on page
How to deploy your models to hardware and mobile devices?
Hardware and Mobile - Testing and Deployment
- Embedded and mobile devices have low-processor with little memory, which makes the process slow and expensive to compute. Often, we can try some tricks such as reducing network size, quantizing the weights, and distilling knowledge.
- Both pruning and quantization are model compression techniques that make the model physically smaller to save disk space and make the model require less memory during computation to run faster.
- Knowledge distillation is a compression technique in which a small “student” model is trained to reproduce the behavior of a large “teacher” model.
- Embedded and mobile PyTorch/TensorFlow frameworks are less fully featured than the full PyTorch/TensorFlow frameworks. Therefore, we have to be careful with the model architecture. An alternative option is using the interchange format.
- Mobile machine learning frameworks are regularly in flux: Tensorflow Lite, PyTorch Mobile, CoreML, MLKit, FritzAI.
- The best solution in the industry for embedded devices is NVIDIA.
- The Open Neural Network Exchange (ONNX for short) is designed to allow framework interoperability.