Lukas Biewald (Weights & Biases)
Lukas is co-founder and CEO of Weights & Biases, an ML tooling company. He previously co-founded and led data labeling company Figure Eight (acquired by Appen).
Deep Learning In The Wild
- Machine Learning can be unpredictable and opaque.
- Deep Learning can be vulnerable to hacking.
- Machine Learning requires tons of clean training data.
- Deep Learning and GPUs break a lot of assumptions.
- Machine Learning can look at far more data than humans.
- The combination of humans and computers is powerful.
- What's coming?
- Better tools and platforms.
- More medical applications.
- New solutions to training data.
- How to (successfully) ship deep learning projects:
- Pay a lot of attention to your training data.
- Get something working end-to-end right away, then improve one thing at a time.
- Look for graceful ways to handle the inevitable cases where the algorithm fails.