What are the good software engineering practices for Machine Learning developers?
Software Engineering - Infrastructure and Tooling
- Python is the clear programming language of choice.
- Visual Studio Code makes for a very nice Python experience, with features such as built-in git staging and diffing, peek documentation, and linter code hints.
- PyCharm is a popular choice for Python developers.
- Jupyter Notebooks is the standard tool for quick prototyping and exploratory analysis, but it is not suitable to build machine learning products.
- Streamlit is a new tool that fulfills a common need - an interactive applet to communicate the modeling results.