What are the different levels of versioning your data?
Versioning - Data Management
- Data versioning refers to saving new copies of your data when you make changes so that you can go back and retrieve specific versions of your files later.
- In Level 0, the data lives on the filesystem and/or object storage and the database without being versioned.
- In Level 1, the data is versioned by storing a snapshot of everything at training time.
- In Level 2, the data is versioned as a mix of assets and code.
- Level 3 requires specialized solutions for versioning data. You should avoid these until you can fully explain how they will improve your project.